Home to nine family-owned vineyards and wineries, the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail is a beloved destination for Pennsylvania residents and visitors alike. This picturesque region has fertile farmlands that provide an ideal growing environment for the region’s signature Chambourcin grapes. In the greater Lehigh Valley, there are more than 40 acres of Chambourcin which can be crafted into several styles of wine including Nouveau, Rosé, Semi-Sweet, Sweet, Dry Barrel Aged, Port, and Sparkling wines. Local wine producers also offer tours, tastings, and annual events that are fun for both inexperienced wine drinkers and those with refined tastes. No matter what you’re craving, the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail has something for everyone to enjoy. Cheers!
Visit the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail
If you’re planning a trip to Pennsylvania’s wine country, be sure to book your stay at the Sayre Mansion. Our inn is centrally located to the best wineries throughout the Lehigh Valley, so you can start your adventure just minutes from your room! Here are some of our favorite ways to explore the Trail.
The Wine Trail hosts several annual events that attract crowds of thirsty visitors each year. Be sure to check their events calendar for details and tickets, then make your way to these fantastic upcoming attractions!
March 2016: Vino in the Valley Passport Program
May 21-22, 2016: Spring Wine & Cheese Pairing Event
July 21-24, 2016: Wine on the Mountain
September 10-11, 2016: Harvest Weekend
October 15-16, 2016: Chambourcin Weekend
November 19-20, 2016: Nouveau Weekend
Tours & Tastings
The vineyards and wineries on the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail offer tours and tastings regularly for guests to enjoy. To have the perfect wine tasting experience, we recommend that guests follow the 5 S’s:
- See. Look at the color of your wine by holding the glass by the stem and tilting it to the side.
- Swirl. Gently swirl your glass. This allows oxygen into the wine and opens the aroma.
- Sniff. Hold the glass a few inches from your nose, then drop your nose into the glass and inhale. Most wine descriptions will state the aromas that you should be able to smell.
- Sip. Take a small sip and let it roll on your tongue before you swallow. See if you can detect flavors like sweet, sour, savory, bitter, salty, etc.
- Savor. Take a second sip of the wine and savor it. After you swallow the wine, note the finish and how long it lasts. Remember that a tasting is an experience, so take your time and enjoy it!
Say Cheers at the Sayre Mansion
Now that you know how to taste your favorite wines, it’s time to start planning your trip! Our beautiful bed and breakfast offers guests a fantastic wine-lovers package that will make your day at the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail one you’ll never forget. When you stay in one of our beautiful guestrooms, you’ll receive a commemorative Sayre Mansion wine glasses, a bottle of Franklin Hill wine and a free private tour of the winery, a 10% discount on a purchase at the winery or tasting room, and more. We can’t wait to host your next wine tasting adventure!